Monday, February 05, 2007

My PC

So I believe that my PC has a ghost in it! I did use my PC, well mostly to play WoW, for about 5 - 6 ,months without a problem what so ever. Then all of a sudden it starts to crash the system, gave it to one of my friends who is doing a lot of IT work to check it out. I explain what I'm doing when the system decides to crash, he tries it and nothing everything seems to be fine when he used my PC. I went to pick it up and set it up when I had a chance. Reinstalling the game because somehow the installation of WoW got corrupted, so I'm re-installing the game and half way thru the installation crash. Well that sucks I said, I was browsing for some information when that crash happened. System came back up so I tried to install the game again and this time only that was the only thing the computer was doing, successful installation I might add.

Fire up the game and while it's finishing to load the game I press 'esc' to bring up a game main menu, guess what happened. System came back did the same thing same result, I thought it was the NerfudUI mod I like to use that was crashing the system disable it and again system crashed while in the middle of a fight. Well thought I was dead but I guess I had some luck and wasn't when I logged back in. So I go and find a safe spot to check my settings and all that, well after turning all the video settings to high I see that the game is quite beautiful and I'm in awe. So looking around the area I was in, yet another crash, I saw that the grass in the game when I rotated the camera disappeared. I'm like wtf and again another crash, by this time I got the hint and shot down my PC.

I was able to interrupt the encounter my hammer was about to have with my PC. It's so frustrating that I've even thought of getting a new PC, but I can't since I need the money for an apartment. Maybe upgrade something or just quit the game for sometime!
Well I'll be trying to put my computer in a better place to see what happens, gonna try my 40" lcd tv!

4 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Angel Melendez said...

hehehehehehe

"I was able to interrupt the encounter my hammer was about to have with my PC."

Nice.
Is it in a hot or cold environment?
Is it just when playing WoW?
Have you tried any other games?
Maybe it's your video card... mine died (Ati 9600 Pro... hehehehe) I'm using the internal shitty Nvidia card integrated to the motherboard of MY E-MACHINE!!! lol

It is still alive and kicking!

 
At 6:09 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Alberto said...

Depends if I have the AC on, but the PC is under my desk and I'm believing is ventilation problems. When installing the game and browsing the web I got a crash. Don't play anything else really, but will try with Caesar 4. That is my last resort and if I need a new one it'll be an nvidia.

My has been close of murder a couple of times. Well hope no one panics for the use of murder, after all is a computer I'm talking about. :-D

 
At 9:56 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Angel Melendez said...

It's probably ventilation then.
If it doesn't crash while you are doing anything else other than gaming, then you know. Isolate the problem dammit... that's why you have a freaking B.S. In Math with option in Computer Sciences!!!!!!

>:-(

 
At 10:03 PM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Alberto said...

oh god dude, still had the same fucking problem even with the case open. Leaning towards video card went bad, trying my cousins video card and nothing atm. Gonna fire up the game after I get the drivers for it.

Anyways, yes I have a bs in math. I know how to prove I bullshit alot.

Oh a last thing about my computer, have it hookup to my 40" LCD tv. Damn wished I had a wirelss keyboard and mouse. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home