Tuesday, September 25, 2007

iTunesU

Ok, this will sound like another fanboyish post. But if it weren't for iTunes I wouldn't have taken another interest into this. So basically I'm back at school but this time around not getting any credit for it, no problem there that way I can actually learn and not worry about a grade. At first I headed to MIT, what they have is basically this OCW if you haven't heard about this well here you go. You can take any course they have posted there, all the lecture notes quizzes, tests, video or audio of the class. I heard about this a couple of years ago, maybe 2004 I believe. But never got really interested even tho there a lots of subjects to actually browse thru and get information.

Sure, you can most likely get all this information from elsewhere by other people who do primarily the same thing. Write about technology and current trends, wish is what a lot or most people look for, right? Anyways this gives another perspective on the same subject and in a more debatable environment, no? At the moment I'm going over a course in open source development and all that is involved in it. So if you are thinking is it about using CVS, or Perl, or the technologies of open source you are dead wrong. Like another course I finished listening to yesterday IDS 110 or Introduction to Computers from UC Berkeley. And WOW, let me tell you go ahead and download the course on iTunes easier to find or later I'll look for a link to download the podcast without iTunes.

I'd like to invite anyone if they want to recommend a course from somewhere there and we could start chatting about the subject, either computers or any other subject you find interesting. Hoping this podcasts I've downloaded help me into getting back to school, which I should have the application ready this week and delivered still need the transcript. Maybe taking a day off and going to Mayaguez to do that, need to check on that today. :-S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home