Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Software Developer as easy as 1-2-3

So, I'm making my rounds looking for stuff to read this morning and ever since we've been given .Net training at work I've been going to MSDN Home Page. Just to look at around and see what's new with .Net, tried to hold on learning .Net but guess I couldn't hold my ground more. Anyways, this shows what I've been saying and kinda puts down the Software industry at least for me. Check this page, a quote from the page
Tier 3 Lessons follow up on the skills learned in Tier 2. These lessons expand your knowledge of Windows and Web development with more advanced concepts such as data access and debugging. If you finish the Tier 3 lessons, Congratulations – you've graduated from the Beginner Developer Learning Center and can officially call yourself a Software Developer!


If I knew it would be this easy to be called a Software Developer I wouldn't have gone to college and spend all that time studying. Could it be I'm a bit disgruntled at this particular time? Could this be true Software Developer == Code Monkey in lay mans term?

The one thing that actually sucks is how much companies have invested in M$ that their technology is needed and how they are creating the names of jobs positions now a days. For example, yesterday I was having a conversation with a co-worker and it stunned me how he asked "So are you just studying for the heck of it or because you can find work with whatever you are studying?" This question kinda bugged me last night when I remembered it, I mean do I have to learn only M$ technologies everything else is just plainly garbage. This fella has been a M$ junkie for about 2 years now, well since I started working here. It annoyed me that I kept thinking of that conversation and looking at ways to answer or even validate my decision to study whatever I want to study. Still trying to keep that thought of whatever I like to learn is my business and no one else.

Oh, if you wish to waste some time watching a movie checkout "Idiocracy" with Luke Wilson, Maya Rudolph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home