Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life as a consultant...

Wow can't believe I haven't kept this up to date. Well a brief summary from the last time I wrote here.

My first semester back at school sucked, can't believe I got a 74 on my final exam. Should I go and talk to my professor or keep that B I got an use it to fuel my classes to get A's? I'm going for the second option at the moment... Well new semester started last month and well taking a course in Artificial Intelligence, quite interesting although it'll be a theoretic approach to the class. :( hoped to do some project for the course and learn how to develop AI stuff, guess I'll have to do it on my own. Which I've started, currently reading about Python which I've seen it's getting quite popular and so far I like the language. Has a few concepts that blew me away, can't think of a language that manipulates imaginary numbers as easy as Python and the ease of manipulating lists and arrays is quite interesting. So far so good with that language I hope to use it more and more.

So, today I officially turn in my week notice... Got an offer to do some consulting in SQA and gonna try how that thing goes. So I'm quite nervous in all respects, since it's contract type work. But, I see it as an opportunity to grow as a professional and mostly a person. I'll be looking at another way this industry works and at what a lot of people at podcast have been talking about as a consultant. So naturally something new quite scares me... but life is for those that take risks right, no other way to learn if a decision was a good one or not until we make it. But for now I'm looking forward to this and see it with my own eyes and decide if this is what I really want.

Woohoo... my girlfriend is coming Thursday and will stay for the weekend, I'm thrilled to actually see her. She's been a good company so far and very supportive, can't ask for more than that I guess. So now it's just time to see when I'll do that other crazy thing... ;-)

Keep it real people and don't put any type of excuse to see those people that matter in our lives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home